Thursday, February 7, 2008

Rats!

If I was a cat, I would look like this today- watch out kiddies! I could use a massage or roller coaster ride but since I'll have neither today I potted a large red geranium on the front porch and bought a good bottle of red wine for dinner. Speaking of dinner and cats I'm reminded of another favorite, Pizza Kittens by Charlotte Voake

"OH NO! NOT PEAS!" said Joe, Lucy and Bert. "We really don't like PEAS!"

"That's it!" said Dad. "Tomorrow we will all eat together. You will eat your food, and you will try to be helpful."

If you're not familiar with this story, Mom Cat is tired of picky little eaters fussing and making a big mess at dinnertime. The kittens leave the table to watch TV while Dad announces he will prepare dinner tomorrow. Dad's dinner starts off pretty well and then little Bert, falls off his chair taking the entire meal with him leaving soggy peas everywhere. The next night it's pizza. "Absolutely PERFECT!"

Our copy of Pizza Kittens is coming apart it has been read so many times. And now that I've resolved what to have for dinner, I wonder if Dad will notice the geranium? Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your quote of the day. That's really true!
    Happy New year! Maria

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your thoughts : )