Wednesday, July 15, 2009

2009 Tattoo Barbie

One thing that I love to do for visual inspiration is browse etsy and add images to my favorites. Last night I came across these magnetic paper dolls. Oh, I could have soooo much fun playing dress-up with these tattoo ladies on my fridge! Aren't they lovely?

While filling up on visual inspiration, I came across an article featuring the hottest toys of the summer and found the contoversial and top selling "Tattoo Barbie" near the top of the list.
Jokingly, I told my husband, "Maybe we should get this for S," (my sister's little girl who will turn 3 in a few days).
Ironically, my sister just called me this morning from a coffee shop because the barrista there had beautiful colorful tattoos on her shoulder and it somehow reminded her of me. I told her about tattoo barbie and we laughed. We both agreed this was a post-worthy subject!
For Barbie's 50th Birthday this year, Mattel has released Totally Stylin' Tattoos Barbie. It must be a sign of the times. She has over 40 fun tattooo stickers for both the doll and the kids and even comes with a pink tattoo stamp gun!
While I see this as a future collector's item and something hilarious that's also edgy and cool, I probably wouldn't buy it for my own daughter. And my goodness Barbie! I wouldn't recommend any young girl to get a tattoo of a man's name on her body!
That's a BIG No No Noooooo! in my book.
Okay, since this IS a blog about childrens literature, I found this untoppable kidlit tattoo blog post by 100 Scopenotes. Seems there are kids books about EVERYTHING nowdays!
Can you believe this one? Mommy Has A Tattoo Oh....I just can't stop laughing!
And here's some more for your entertainment:

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your thoughts : )