Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Squirrels

My family has officially relocated to California and we are finally starting to feel settled in for the fall/winter season. Because we are living in a rental apartment, I am coming up with creative ways to make it cozy for the kids. Their bedroom has taken on a woodlands theme. Note the squirrel print from Wonting and acorn decal decor from Ikea. Since the previous post was about autumn foxes, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity for me to blog about fall and squirrels.

First I must add this in because
Sleepyking's little plush handmade squirrel is on my favorites list right now. Just look at those cute rosy cheeks!
She even has a cute little brown fox for you, Nancy :)
Sarah from Tilbury House sent me this lovely book: The Very Best Bed as a gift for our new baby. She is so thoughtful and sweet.
It just happens to be about a little bushy gray squirrel. Author/illustrator Rebekah Raye takes us on a little squirrel's search for the coziest place to sleep as the moon rises higher and higher in the autumn sky. Rebekah's animal illustrations are beautiful.
It's a great bedtime story to curl up to with your toddler or pre-schooler and drink hot cocoa with. Enjoy the season!

2 comments:

  1. OOOOH cozy! Those illustrations do look sweet and I'll have to check out the stuffed fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I love the room. It is so beautiful. I bet the kids love it... Hope you will share more pics soon. Have a great day. Blessings,

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your thoughts : )