Wednesday, February 8, 2012

With The Sun In My Eyes

This morning I woke up to find an email from one of my favorite artists: Morteza Zahedi. Morteza is an artist who hails from Iran and I'm a big follower/fan of his work. His email announced that his new Book: With The Sun In My Eyes (due out in March 2012) published by Groundwood, has just been nominated for Best Books for Children and Youth 2012! The event involved "books of excellent quality, remarkable in style, content and illustration."
Written by Jorge Lujan, Con El Sol en Los Ojos is a poetry book in both Spanish and English. It's about a little boy and girl describing day to day experiences in their world.
The girl loves her little dog, Oliver, the wind blowing in her face and laughter that "explodes for no reason" and the little boy describes newborn chicks "like tiny walking suns."

Sounds lovely and lyrical and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of this wonderful collection of poems for children.
If you'd like to see more of Morteza Zahedi's fabulous art,

4 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful and dreamlike. Great to hear about his nomination and Yeah!!!! for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! sorry so long to post... I'm potty training little Sid now :)
    Didn't I do a potty book post a few years back?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, congratulations! Potty training AND blogging. I feel like I've been out of touch, too. Good to find you again.

    I love that artwork, and wasn't familiar with Zahedi's work. Very unique, spare, but quirky.

    You're amazing... Don't give up on Sid. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deb! Sooo good to hear from you. Ha! we've definitely been out of touch some too. Thanks for stopping by and the good news is:
    Sid is now officially potty trained!!! Hooray!
    ps. Calliope brought Monsters on Machines for her preschool Read-Aloud and the kids LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your thoughts : )