Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Kimchi and Pregnancy

With this pregnancy, I have been craving kimchi and apparently I am not alone! My best friend Merry from Jr. High School (also prego) told me that she dearly misses her mom's Korean cooking. Mmmmm spicy is right!

When I found Babies Can't Eat Kimchee by Nancy Patz, I had to get it. It's so much fun to read and the collaborative illustrations/collages with Susan Roth are loose, colorful, wild and wonderful. No rules here.

When a baby sister comes along, there's not too much a big sister can do but wait and wait and wait.... and dream about what's to come. This is a super book to read to the older sibling/siblings who are expecting a new baby brother or sister. It starts out negative with all the things babies can't do and switches to positive with all the fun things older siblings can teach and share with the baby as it grows.

Here's my favorite kimchi recipe find by Maangchi: Making Kimchi


If you are vegan, here's another great kimchi recipe by Julie Hasson sans the oysters and fish sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your thoughts : )