Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Smile Baby Smile


Yikes! I know it's been a while since the last post....with a combination of new baby, our big move out west, school starting, Nancy and the bookstore, and a new book release for October, but we are still reading books to our kids daily and my mom just gave me a new book for the baby that I absolutely adore. Smile Baby Smile by Moira Butterfield with illustrations by Rosalind Beardshaw.
Little S is now 4 weeks old and I'm not sure when most babies start smiling, but my mom was able to coax the first smile out of him. I didn't believe her until she started talking to him and I saw him smile! It really wasn't from gas! It was a big wide open mouth smile. I tried to take a picture of it, but each time was too late. Here's his debut picture with the start of a grin that later turned into a smile.
This is the story of a little family just like ours, where baby makes 5 (big brother, little sister and baby brother). When baby starts to cry, everyone in the family try all they can to make him smile again. A song, a game and even a drive in the car don't work. "Then the baby did a funny burp... and then the baby... smiled!"

4 comments:

  1. Cutie pie! (He smiled at me just now). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful baby. I hope you are feeling great. Have a great day. Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't be cuter! (BURP! ;-)) Congratulations and love to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your thoughts : )