Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Bestest Lauren Child

I've been thinking this morning how much we LOVE Charlie and Lola, well all of Lauren Child's characters really. She is amazing because not only does she illustrate and write picture books, she is the associate producer of Disney's Charlie and Lola programming. We don't watch a lot of TV or videos because they distract from activity time and reading time but the Charlie and Lola program is so well done it's a natural transition from book to animated series. Other book characters have successfully made the transition. I'm thinking of Clifford, Curious George, and Martha the Talking Dog right now, but they are familiar cartoons while Charlie and Lola is animated mixed-media. Note: One of our favorite lift the flap books is Sizzles is Completely not here. And below is the Bestest clip... LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Charlie and Lola!

9 comments:

  1. Sooo cute! Love the chicken's outfit and those bright green dancing wellies. Yes, such a nice change from your average animation. Very clever and unique :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Charlie and Lola!! The sax playing chicken and dancing eggs made my day :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I laugh every time I watch it. The piglet on guitar is hilarious. It really is absolutely a clever show : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annika and Branson really loved the clip - as did I.
    We love Charlie and Lola - can't get enough!
    Thanks for posting this.
    xxoo
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple Treasures! Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We also love Charlie and Lola! Absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Maria! We love all your sweet photos. Glad the girls are having fun with Charlie and Lola too : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charlie and Lola are definitely a favorite here. My daughter loves the books just as much or more than the TV show. Her favorite: "This Is Actually My Party"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, that's a good one too. I don't think there has been a book or episode we didn't like. Oh my daughter didn't like Charlie is Broken because he broke his arm in that one.

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your thoughts : )